2.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased the motorguide i5 from factory outlet store and everything seemed good during ordering. They were a little cheaper than other vendors I had checked so I decided to purchase from them. Oh, I should mention that factory outlet store has nothing to do with the motorguide factory its just the name of their business. I received my Xi5, installed it on my boat and sync'ed the wireless foot control and remote without issue. I was unable to test function at my house because my motor will not fully deploy while on the trailer. Two days after install (8 days following delivery) I went to the lake. The wireless remote worked flawlessly the foot control did not. I called motorguide from the water and customer support informed me that I would need to take the unit to a service center, I asked for the nearest servicing dealer to me and the rep said 1.5 hours away. I asked if there was anything she could do and of course the answer was no.

I called factory outlet and was informed that once the motor has been installed on the boat, used or not, the motor can't be returned.

I told both the motorguide rep and the factory outlet store rep that my buddy's foot control works on my motor so it had to be my foot controller. I asked the factory outlet store rep to allow me to purchase a new foot controller then I would return mine and once they received it they could refund the purchase so they could be sure I wasn't trying to con them out of a foot controller. The factory outlet store was more than happy to sale me another foot controller but would not allow me to return the non functional unit for a refund.

Now, I have had my boat at the service center 1.5 hrs away and they told me that since I didn't purchase the unit from them they would get to my unit when they could......

Preferred solution: Exchange foot controller, I would be happy happy..

I didn't like: Return process.

Comments