I have been dealing with this vendor since Sept 30, 2011 when I placed the order. My order never arrived. Below is a timeline of what happened:

10/7 - called to inquire about the order and to tell them that it had not arrived. Was asked to call back 10 days after its shipping due date.

Called back on 10/14 and talked to "Ken" who told me if the package had not arrived by 10/20 to call back and they would re-ship my order.

Called back on 10/20 to tell company that shipment had not arrived and I requested either a refund or a re-shipment. Was told at that time that I would receive a phone call by Monday the 24th of October with a tracking number. No call was ever received.

On 10/26 I called and was told that now a tracing team was looking into the matter and that I would need to wait until 10/28 at which time I would either have confirmation of the new shipment of my order or a credit to my account.

On 10/31 I called and was told by Beth that I would be receiving a credit to my account by "the end of the week - but since it was Paypal it might take a little longer - a couple of weeks maybe" (Note the timing - if on 10/31, I wait a couple more weeks I will be beyond the time requirement for disputing the charge with Paypal)

On November the 15th, I called because the credit had not appeared in Paypal. Beth said that the warehouse had not processed the order for the refund yet but that she had sent three emails regarding the case. She asked me to not dispute the claim because they were "working on it." In good faith, I agreed - still (naively, it appears) believing that the company was also working in good faith.

On Dec the 9th, I called Beth again and she assured me that my refund was "in the ***" and that it would be processed in December. She couldn't give me a date and blamed their accounting practices (refunds processed only once a month) on the delay.

On 2/9/2010, I called again and spoke with Kia who is (supposedly) Beth's supervisor. Kia told me the best course of action would be to file a dispute with Paypal. Since I had never filed a dispute before, I stupidly agreed to do so only to find out that there was a 45 day limit. I believe that Kia, in her position as a supervisor of supervisors (general cost service --> Beth --> Kia), knew that there was a 45 day limit and was simply continuing what has now become apparent -factoryoutletstore.com is a scam and customer service nightmare for its customers.

I called factoryoutletstore.com again on 2/9/2012 when I became aware the Paypal had a 45 day limit; I was told by Beth (who refused to let me talk to Kia) that "I would need to take it up with paypal."

Factoryoutletstore.com deliberately strung me along in the hopes that I would go away and/or miss the deadline for filing a dispute. Their business practices are shady at best and perhaps criminal.

Comments

SIMILIAR EXPERIENCE.

BOUGHT 1 CELL PHONE BATTERY.

DELIVERED, WORKS FINE.

3 DAYS LATER 2 BATTERIES I DID NOT ORDER

ARRIVED.

TELEPHONED COMPANY TO ARRANGE RETURN

UNOPENED PACKAGE I DID NOT ORDER.

ADVISED I WOULD BE CHARGED SHIPPING FEE,

15% STOCKING FEE.

TELEPHONE BACK AND FORTH 30+DAYS.

LAST CALL ADVISED HAD NOT BEEN RETURNED