2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Sep 08

here is the page which shows the warranty prices 2 year $149.95 and 4 year $199.95 . They have already offered the 2 year to me because they misrepresented the item at the time of sale.

I am told on a recorded line which indicates that the transducer should have been built in to the unit as specifically asked and answered in the affirmative by the sales associate. I responded that I would accept a 4 year warranty but not the 2 year. I also said that I would prefer a simple refund of at least $100 and we could call this problem resolved. They still answer No refund and no 4 year warranty.

Hopefully my credit card dispute will prevail since the difference between this unit and the one which has the TRANSDUCER package built in is $320. at this link https://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/details/418669/minn-kota-1358857.html?category_id=20841&catalogitemid=384897

Original review posted by user Sep 07

Rip Off company the division selling minn kota trolling motors is ripping me off. I asked specifically if the $1199.99 NEW Terrova trolling motor with blue tooth and I pilot had the transducer built in.

Sales rep says YES So I ordered one. Got it delivered, installed it. 3 hours on my boat due to inaccessible bow inside area. Ordered the Sonar transducer adapter from ebay for 1/2 the price 24.50 vs 49.00 from factoryoutletstore.

A couple days later, when it arrived, I went to install it. Surprise, No sonar transducer cable in the head! Called them up and asked for only $100 refund due to misrepresentation and found out the only unit they had with built in transducer was in a package $310 more! They would NOT give any refund and only offered a 2 year extended warranty a $149 value according to their web site.

I did NOT want a extra warranty but I noticed that they offered a 4 year warranty for $199 so I said I would accept that for the error and I'd have to buy a cable and do an external transducer for the bow mount trolling motor. Their answer NO, No way we cant do that or give any refund. Called the credit card company and filed a dispute. Unit I got was $310 inferior to what was promised.

How do these guys get away with this kind of customer care? In reality it would probably cost $60 just to ship it back to them since the box is huge and heavy. Since they say that all their order calls are recorded then they have a record that I asked specifically whether the sonar transducer is built in FACTORY. That is a major difference in the features of the unit I received.

If I take off my boat they will be getting a used unit with extra holes drilled in the mounting plate and the electrical ends already cut and replaced with my setup. What is wrong with these people. Oh, Yeah, One call and you will realize that you probably wont get get anyone without an Indian like accent. I did everything right and asked all the questions I should have and was very reasonable in my request to rectify the shortcoming.

So if you think the prices are good then think again because what will you do when you are being screwed by them. 3 times I was told a supervisor would call me back shortly and guess what, 2 of the 3 supervisor call backs never happened and the 3rd waited until the next day to basically say. Too bad, Then send it back.

FOOL. I may send it back simply because I'm so angry but they will pay all the freight and refund 100% guaranteed in full for a now used , modified installed unit.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Promised value of item ordered.

I didn't like: Were not truthful about the item features.

Comments